Peace Corps: Mindy Project Edition

My friends introduced me to the Mindy Project, and I've been obsessed with it. It can be applied to almost any situation, and Peace Corps has so many perfect Mindy situations. 

If you haven't seen it...

 Just watch it.

Because...

Basically any time I watch Mindy:

Okay, here we go.

The most important thing every time we walk in anywhere:

When my grant gets funded:

Salvadoran parents when something happens to their kid:

When transportation restrictions destroy all plans:

Being on Salvadoran time:

When the kid in my English class starts sending heart emojis to my ghetto phone:

What I say when someone asks if I exercise:

But really...

When women start chambre in my site:

Any time anyone tries to explain things to me in English when they think I don't understand Spanish:

Going to meetings:


When people tell me I've gained tortilla weight:

When the ADESCO falls apart yet again:

After no one shows up for yet another meeting:

Any time anyone talks about their boyfriend:

So I turn to chocolate, the BEST THING EVER:

What I tell myself when the piropos get to me:

Why I don't date - All the machismo:

When you go to the Tunco:

When I tried to convince myself I didn't want my puppy:

And of course, some pure gold from Danny Castellano:



Season three just ended, and now my life is just full of re-runs and gifs and great interviews with the beautiful, funny and intelligent Mindy Kaling. I pretend to work, but I'm pretty positive I spend as much time on the internet as I do actually writing up my grants and things.

I have found that Peace Corps is all about balance. If I balance my stressful and complicated stuff with books and other things I enjoy, I am happier and much more effective. Mindy has brought so much joy to PC El Salvador, and it will always be tied in my mind to my Peace Corps experience.

Comments

Popular Posts