DR Vacation

I took vacation at the end of June, and it was fantastic - a week in the Dominican Republic with my sister and a high school friend. I really only have a few things to say about the adventure. 
- Dominicans are beautiful.
- Samaná was by far my favorite, and if I were to go again I'd probably spend a week (or two or three) and learn to kitesurf and get a diving license and go surfing.
- Transportation costs are a total ripoff for foreigners
- Peace Corps is everywhere there, even in the guide books. It was weird not having to explain what Peace Corps is - lots of people knew a PCV or RPCV.
- It was super strange to find big areas where the primary language was French (from France, not Haiti) or German or some Eastern European language because everyone moved in and started businesses near the beach. 
- I really really miss Latin America the way that I experienced it the first time - music, color, rhythm, great food, art, and far too many little touristy knicknacks. 
 















Comments

Popular Posts