Buckeyes

I'm not a fan of powdered sugar. Powdered sugar is the primary reason I usually don't like frosting on cakes. Cake is my least favorite dessert, but that's a conversation for another day or perhaps never, since I can't really explain my aversion to the spongey sickly sweet concoctions that every child wants on his birthday. I seem to be outnumbered on the powdered sugar front, so last night I gave in.
I get these little email nudges that come with a link and a note that goes something like this: "Make this one next..."Since it required nothing more than a couple of bowls and a microwave, I decided that it would be pretty easy to make buckeyes. They are essentially peanut butter and powdered sugar covered in chocolate. Mine didn't turn out so pretty and regular, probably because I have no patience for the aesthetics of desserts when they taste just as good all original and misshapen. I only agreed to make the buckeyes because they have chocolate and peanut butter, and really nothing makes a better combination. We also ran out of graham crackers, so I substituted nilla wafers and it tastes just fine to me.

On another note, dinner last night was more stuffed bell peppers. It turns out that they are quite as good cold as they are hot, so don't worry if you ever make too many.

Comments

Popular Posts